Western Window Systems is committed to helping our dealers stay in the know, so here are some tips to help you get the most from your common carrier delivery.
- Delivery times are between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- You will receive a scheduling call the day before the scheduled delivery date.
- To prevent a delivery delay – or a re-delivery fee – return the scheduling call within three hours.
- Contact the carrier to track your order.
What to Do When Your Order Arrives
- Verify that your company information and order number are correct by consulting the shipping manifest attached to the outside of each order.
- To ensure you have received all of your order, check the carrier’s Bill of Lading (BoL).
- If there is noticeable damage to the packaging but not to the product inside, write “damaged packaging” on the carrier’s BoL. Include the number of damaged items.
- If both the packaging and product are damaged, document the damage with photos on your carrier’s BOL and contact your Western Window Systems representative.
- If no damage issues are noted and you have signed the BoL, your delivery is complete. All products must be inspected within 48 hours.
- Items can weigh up to 5,000 pounds. Customers are responsible for providing the manpower and equipment to unload items safely at the time of delivery.
- Common carriers are not responsible for offloading product, providing glass transportation equipment, or checking paperwork.
- We recommend choosing a location with a safe and even ground to offload the truck.
- You have two hours to completely unload your product.
- If you are unable to unload the delivery on time, you may be responsible for an extra charge for additional time.
- You are responsible for dunnage removal. If loose packing material or debris is left for the common carrier to dispose of, you will be charged a minimum dunnage removal fee of $100.